Little One Is Here!

Little One Is Here!
Hi Busy Bees! Here is our 'Babee' Brother Jack! Get it?! We miss you! Love, Lilly Rose and Sophie Pink

Our Class Rules

* We are respectful * We are responsible * We are safe * We follow the GOLDEN RULE *



March 26, 2010

Friday Is Our Favorite Day!

What a fun, busy and productive week we had in 2nd grade! Everyone came back from Spring Break excited to learn! We had fun learning about wonderful weather, fun fractions, cool contractions, awesome acrostics and amazing alliteration!

We did a lot of hard work in math. I am very proud of the students for tackling the new and challenging concepts! We finished our work in Chapter 7 and we began Chapter 8 on Thursday. I sent home a Family Letter today discussing what we will study in Chapter 8. You will receive a family letter at the start of each new chapter. Starting with Chapter 8, your child will bring home a "Home Links" paper each night. The paper will contain practice problems over what we covered in school that day. Your child should be able to complete these independently. We are studying increasingly challenging math concepts and these Home Links will help your child to practice and secure the new concepts.

This week we learned about poetry, and specifically

A
C
R
O
S
T
I
C


poems. We worked together as a class to write several acrostic poems. We brainstormed great descriptive weather words and then the class each wrote their own weather acrostic poems. Parents - be sure to ask your child what he/she can do with poetry!

Report Cards went home today and I am so proud of the students for all of their hard work! Keep working hard in the 4th quarter!

Have a great weekend!
Mrs. Johnston

5 comments:

  1. Mrs.Jonhston,

    I love doing Acrostic poems whith you soo much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned so much about clouds and acrostic poems with you.Thank you for teaching us so much!Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Toonuniversity is my favorite game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I realy like wizzards and pigs.My favorte was suffixs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Friends,

    Ashanti - I'm glad you like the
    A
    C
    R
    O
    S
    T
    I
    C
    Poems!

    Alanna - I'm glad you're learning a lot! I love teaching you guys!

    Isabella and Rachel - I'm glad you like the games!

    Mrs. Johnston

    ReplyDelete