Little One Is Here!

Little One Is Here!
Hi Busy Bees! Here is our 'Babee' Brother Jack! Get it?! We miss you! Love, Lilly Rose and Sophie Pink

Our Class Rules

* We are respectful * We are responsible * We are safe * We follow the GOLDEN RULE *



March 12, 2010

Friday Is Our Favorite Day!

It was a great week in second grade! We had fun learning about gathering and sorting numerical data, creating Asia Travel Brochures, words with silent letters and writing thank you notes! Parents - be sure to ask your kids what they can do!

We did a lot of awesome collaborative work! The students worked in groups of 3 and 4 to create their travel brochures for Asia. Students researched to find out about the weather, language, money, food and exciting travel spots in their specific countries. I am so impressed with the travel brochures! The students worked so hard and they should be proud of their great work!

We had a great time in math and we tried math centers for the first time! Students learned how to read weight on a scale, measure their arm span and sort data to find the median. We did a lot of tough stuff this week and the busy bees worked so hard to learn and practice the new concepts. Well done, everyone!

The week ended with a Fun Friday afternoon! We had computers, recess, Bee Bucks, Rainbow Club and even a human hot dog assembly!

Have a wonderful Spring Break!
See you in a week!

Mrs. Johnston

5 comments:

  1. If I were going to Ireland,I would bring my clothes.And I would bring some toys and some snacks.And I would bring a pillow and a blanket and my stuffed animals. And I would bring back some clover and maybe a lepercon too.And I would eat some clover cookies.And maybe some cookies that are shaped like lepercons I am sure they would tast good.I would have to say that...IRELAND IS COOL!So is my friend,Amiee.The cool thing is that she...IS FROM IRELAND!And I am writing about Ireland.And I would cach a lepercon and get some clover,...if I'll ever find any?


    from your friend,Marie Lea noemie Gaire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marie,

    Thanks for posting! It sounds like you would be well prepared for your trip to Ireland! The clover cookies sound yummy!

    Have a great week!
    Mrs. Johnston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mrs.Johnston.How have you been.I just got home.Im doing great.Thanks for being the best techer wille Miss.Teague is gone.


    from your friend,
    Ashanti.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ashanti,

    Thanks for your nice post! I'm glad to hear you're doing great! :)

    See you at school today!
    Mrs. Johnston

    ReplyDelete
  5. See you at school today Mrs. Jonhston!

    ReplyDelete